Today’s COVID-19 pandemic has pushed to the forefront virtual care and highlighted the challenges and legal risks.
This ½ day session provides you with an overview of the current regulatory framework, the risk associated with virtual care, as well as practice tips to help you manage these, and minimize liability exposure.
What You Will Learn:
- What is virtual care?
- What is the current regulatory framework?
- What are the applicable standards of care?
- What do we know about best practices as set out by recent cases?
- Understanding challenges around privacy, compensation, virtual options
- What are the CPSO standards on virtual care?
- Providing virtual care – issues and guidance from the CMPA
- What is the future of virtual care medicine? Its impact to your obligations?
Who Should Take This Program:
- Representatives from hospitals, psychiatric facilities, long-term care facilities and community service provider agencies
- Healthcare risk managers
- Privacy officers, security officers and compliance officers for healthcare institutions
- Patient representatives
- In-house counsel to healthcare institutions
- Government and public policy advisors
- Physicians, nurses and other licensed medical professionals
- Healthcare professionals offering or looking to expand their practice to include virtual care services
- Anna Marrison, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP